How to Install the OEM Cargo Net
2004-2009 Toyota Prius
The OEM cargo net is an accessory that I find to be very useful, especially so with a hatchback. This secures cargo so it doesn't roll around in the back, make noise, bump into other cargo, etc. The 2009 Prius we bought 2/2013 didn't come with one so I ordered one right away. It comes with instructions and is super easy to install; it took me about 10 minutes including taking pictures for this tutorial.
- Drill (corded or cordless)
- Drill bit set, with 19/64" (8mm) & 1/16" (just a small one, doesn't need to be exact) bits
- OEM cargo net, part #PT347-47040
1) Open the trunk, gather tools and the cargo net. You get the net, 2 anchors and instructions with templates so you know exactly where to drill.
2) Cut out the template with a scissors and tape it up as shown. Use a small drill bit (1/16"is what I used) to drill a hole at the center punch "X" as shown. Only drill in about 5mm. What this does is create a guide for the much larger hole you drill next so the drill doesn't slide all over the plastic.
3) With a 19/64" (8mm) drill bit use some tape to mark 5mm at the end so you know how far to drill in and then drill out the pilot hole you just made.
4) Make sure the snap-in D-ring is open as shown and then insert it into the hole you just drilled. Press on the sides and not the center "button."
5) Once it's flush with the trim panel push in the button to lock it closed.
6) Repeat steps 2-5 on the other side and install your new cargo net! The bottom clips into the silver D-rings in the floor.
If you found this information useful please support the site by clicking the button below and making a donation. Thank you.